Friday 20 January 2012

Tomorrow is the BIG day!

Finally it has got around to being Young lady's birthday!  The cards are written, presents are wrapped, cake bought (BAD Mummy), banners are up, venue and guests all arranged and party bag contents made!
I finally went with making button bracelets and felt rose flowers.  managed to get some big paperclip bookmarks that already had a decoration so did not need to add anything to them.  Just need to hang up the ribbon wreath once she has gone to sleep!

Little man has been ill this week so we have had a couple of broken nights and days off school.  Mr S and others thought I might as well keep him off today but as Chair of Governors, I probably ought to have my child in school as much as possible!  He was tired but well enough to go in, so he did!  Friday is their best days as Mr S only works till 1 so if he is not distracted by golf, then he will walk up to school with their scooters so they can scoot home, which they love.  They both got new scooters for Xmas.

Young lady has visited a new Guide unit as she is too old to be a Brownie but due to other commitments we needed a Wednesday Unit.  Their theme this week was an Eco one.  She was asked to bring some clothes that didn't fit/she didn't want for the evening.  As none of her wardrobe fits that bill, it was up to Mummy to seek some alternatives from the Charity shops!  I have no problem in shopping in charity shops and have had some lovely items from there.  I managed to get 5 items from different shops for £1 each!  She was happy with them and had a great time at Guides.  They basically did a clothes swap and she came home with more than she went with including a pair of boots!  I think she wants to go again!

11 years ago, I really had no idea how life was going to change.  Would I go back to that time?  Oh no NEVER!  When they smile at you and say 'I Love You' it makes all the shouting, sleepless nights and low bank balance worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I'm following you now! We are doing a pinterest challenge soon. Fancy joining in? More info here http://sewscrumptious.blogspot.com/2012/01/calling-all-pinterest-addictsjoin-us-in.html
    Are you still waiting for an invite for Pinterest? If you are let me know as I think I can invite you and it might be quicker. x

    ReplyDelete